Before you are discharged home, the recovery room nurse will review the written post operative instructions your physician has for you. If you know the name of your procedure you can look in the home care instructions section for an advance copy. You will also be given a follow-up appointment with your surgeon. If you cannot keep that appointment we recommend you call the office as soon as possible to reschedule another one.
You will be discharged to the care of a responsible adult to drive you home once you have sufficiently recovered from your procedure. You must have an adult stay with you for the first 24 hours after your surgery. If you experience any problems at home please call 706-868-5676 or else go to the nearest emergency room. If you have had general anesthesia we ask that you adhere to the following instructions for the first 24 hrs following surgery:
- Do not drive a car.
- Do not operate machinery or power tools.
- Do not use recreational drugs, tranquilizers or sleep medications.
- Avoid decisions or engaging in activities that require clear thought or judgment (like signing legal documents), or that require coordination for the remainder of the day.
- Avoid walking without assistance and using stairways.
- Do not drive or operate machinery or power tools until you have stopped taking any narcotics that may have been prescribed for you.
A nurse from the surgery center will call you the day after your surgery to see how you are doing.
Our goal is to provide excellent care throughout your surgical experience. Please take a moment to fill out the Satisfaction Survey given to you upon discharge so that we may continue to improve our services.