How hearing aids from your ENT specialists in Aiken, Evans and Augusta can help you
If you are experiencing hearing loss, you may be thinking about hearing aids. When you think of a hearing aid, do you think of a huge, uncomfortable apparatus you have to wear? If so, think again! Modern hearing aids are state-of-the-art, discreet and comfortable. You won’t have to keep missing out on conversations around you. Your doctors at Augusta Ear, Nose & Throat in Aiken, Evans and Augusta, GA, want to help you hear again and get back to enjoying your life.
You may be unsure if you need a hearing aid. If so, the first thing to do is get a hearing screening. You may need a hearing aid if you experience:
- Difficulty picking out words from background noise
- Hearing only muffled sounds and speech
- Difficulty hearing consonants in speech
- Needing people to speak more clearly and loudly
At Augusta Ear, Nose & Throat you can choose from a wide range of hearing aids, like these:
- CIC hearing aids--which are completely in the canal; these aids fit entirely inside your ear canal. CIC aids are the least visible however they don’t have a volume control or directional microphone.
- ITE hearing aids--which are in the ear; these aids loop over your outer ear and are more visible than CIC aids. ITE aids have volume control and ease of handling.
- BTE hearing aids--which loop over the top of your ear and behind it; the aid connects to an earpiece inside your ear canal. BTE aids are the largest hearing aid, providing superb sound quality.
Cochlear implants are another choice, perfect for people with severe hearing problems. They function for parts of your ear that may not be working correctly.
Modern hearing aids can help you enjoy life, without sacrificing looks or comfort. You deserve to hear all of the wonderful sounds and conversations around you. Don’t miss out! Call your doctors at Augusta Ear, Nose & Throat with offices in Aiken, Evans and Augusta, GA. Call today!